TF Card, SD Card, and Micro SD Card in this article you will know about that. I noticed you all might be looking for this so, I came up with all the information.
What’s a TF Card?
TF Card Abbreviation is TransFlash. There was a time when first memory storage was in Magnetic Sheets, today storage is all about memory storage devices. TF Card is one of first chipset memory cards, designed for smartphone technology.
Early Days of TF cards:
Some of the important points you might want to know about TF Memory Cards:
- Back in 2004 SanDisk first named these Memory Cards as TF Cards.
- Sizing almost same as finger nail thickness.
- These Memory Cards are specifically Designed for Mobile Phones.
- They are normally known as T-Flash cards.
Differences Between TF Cards, SD Cards, and MicroSD Cards
TF memory cards and SD Memory Cards are technically same. Let me Write few Differences here for you:
- TF Card was developed by two big firms, Motorola and Sandisk in 2004.
- Whereas SD Card was introduced by Panasonic, Toshiba, and Sandisk as well
- TF Card being the smallest chipset designed was then replaced with other name microSD memory cards (that makes TF card is nothing but a microSD Cards.
Sizes of TF card and SD Cards
|SD Card||24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm|
|TF Card||15mm x 11mm x 1mm|
Capacities of TF Memory Cards and SD Memory Cards
As days go in technology is updating too, the whole world in one memory card, just kidding here are the capacities available as per both types of memory cards
TF Cards aka microSD Cards Memory Capacities
128MB, 256MB, 512MB, 1024MG whoops its 1GB 🙂
2GB, 4BG, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
SD Cards Capacities:
128MB, 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
For SD Cards Click here
TF Card and SD Card Compatibility
Both card store memory space for all sorts of data files such as music, video, image, pdf and much more supported extensions as per the card. Yet there is a difference with compatibility i.e., microSD support non-memory operations such as
- NFC (Near Field Communication)
SD card cannot perform Non-memory operations like above ones.
SD card has a write protection Switch, with which an individual can lock the memory card into a non-writable mode. This allows the owner’s data as not be editable or cannot add any new data or information to the memory.
Micro SD does not have the locking protection system.
TF/microSD & SD cards functional spots
The prime usage of MicroSD Cards is in Mobile phones, especially smartphones. Design and compatibility make the usage of the MicroSD Cards Worldwide for accessing GPS system and more new tech as well.
SD Cards are mostly used in Digital Cameras, Media Players, PDA’s (Personal Digital Assistant) and so on